8 Tummy Time Tips for Your Baby
- Lay baby on the floor on a clean blanket when he is awake
- Get down on the floor on the level of your baby
- Talk, sing and laugh with baby
- Move back and forth and encourage baby to follow you with his head. This helps build neck muscles and eye muscles.
- Start with 3-5 minute sessions two or three times a day. As your child gets older you can increase time to up to an hour at a time.
- Keep baby interested by using different toys. Place toys in a small circle around him and allow him to reach and grab at the various objects. This will help develop skills needed to pull, scoot and later crawl.
- Talk to baby about what you see and encourage “conversation” using different sounds.
- If baby gets tired, take a break and try again later! Remember to keep it fun, and baby will learn to love tummy time because it will be time with you!